FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are there any requirements to attend the 2017 Zumba® Instructor Convention?
- Will I get a certificate of completion for attending the Zumba® Instructor Convention?
- Will I get a certificate of completion or be licensed to teach any of the Flavors, Lectures and/or Learning Capsules I take (e.g., Zumba® Brazilian Carnival, Warm-Up & Cool-Down, etc.)?
- Will I get a certificate of completion for taking a Specialty Boost? Will I get a CD with new music and a DVD with new choreography?
- Who can take Specialty Boosts?
- What does every package include in addition to what I have signed up for?
- Where will the Convention events be held (Sessions, Instructor Training Courses, parties, etc.)?
- Do the hotel rates only apply to the dates of the Convention?
- What is the Convention cancellation policy?
- What is the Convention transfer policy?
- Can I transfer my Convention package to another ZIN™ Member?
- If I can't make it to the Convention, can I apply my Convention registration to other Zumba® products (e.g., Instructor Training Courses, Zumba® Wear merchandise, other Zumba events, etc.)?
- When does super saver pricing end?
- When will registration for the Convention close?
- What type of floor surface will the Convention session rooms have?
- Will I receive credits for the Instructor Training Courses, Flavors, Learning Capsules and Specialty Boosts I take at the Convention?
- Can my spouse attend the Convention if he or she is not registered for the Convention? What about my children?
- Will there be Zumba® Wear merchandise for sale at the Convention?
- Will there be special prices for Zumba® Wear merchandise at the Convention?
- What is the return policy for Zumba® Wear merchandise bought at the Convention?
- Can Zumba® Wear merchandise bought online be returned at the Convention?
- What forms of payment can I use to purchase Zumba® Wear merchandise at the Convention?
- Will there be a medical staff on site?
- When should I book my airfare?
- When are registration hours?
- When should I plan on arriving and departing?
A: Yes. This event is exclusive to members of the Zumba® Instructor Network (ZIN™ ). You must be a ZIN™ Member with an account in good standing at the time of registration and at the time of the Convention. In the event that your ZIN™ Account is not in good standing at the time of the event (July 27 - 30, 2017), your Convention registration will be cancelled and you will not receive a refund. top
Q: Will I get a certificate of completion or be licensed to teach any of the Flavors, Lectures and/or Learning Capsules I take (e.g., Zumba® Brazilian Carnival, Warm-Up & Cool- Down, etc.)?
A: By taking Flavors and/or Learning Capsules you are NOT licensed to teach that specific session. Flavors and Learning Capsules are intended to expand your knowledge of fundamental concepts and world rhythms so you can apply them to your Zumba® classes. No certificate of completion will be given for attending Flavors or Learning Capsules.top
Q: Will I get a certificate of completion for taking a Specialty Boost? Will I get a CD with new music and a DVD with new choreography?
A: Specialty Boosts are meant to expand your knowledge and understanding of a specific Specialty Program (Zumba® Kids, Aqua Zumba®, Zumba® Toning, Zumba Gold®, etc).top
You will receive experience in the field of the Specialty Boosts you take, as well as session handouts. You will also receive a certificate of completion and badge added to your ZIN™ profile post event. No CD or DVDs will be provided.
A: Only ZIN™ Members who are licensed as Specialty Instructors can take a Specialty Boost for the particular specialty program they are licensed to teach (e.g., Toning Instructors are the only ones that can take a Toning Boost). A Specialty Boost is an advanced course of each specialty, and therefore you must attend a Specialty Instructor Training before taking that particular Specialty Boost.top
A: Every package includes the following:
- Access to Thursday morning’s Kickoff Session
- Access to Friday evening’s Fitness-Concert™ Event
- Access to Saturday evening’s Theme Party
- Access to Sunday evening’s Closing Session
- Access to all Convention sponsor booths
- Access to the Zumba® Wear store
- Official ZIN™ Convention goodie bag
- AFAA/ACE/AEA/CAN FIT Credits (95% of the credits you need for the year)
- Session handouts
- For Instructor Trainings: One (1) year of continuing education credit + manual and digital certificate
A: The entire Zumba® Instructor Convention (Fitness-Concert™ Event, Sessions, Specialty Boosts, Instructor Training Courses, sponsor booths, theme party, etc.) will be held inside The Hyatt Regency Orlando, the South Foyer and Hall of the Orange County Convention Center (venues connected with a covered walkway), and the Rosen Centre. Everything will be located within walking distance from any of the hotels in our room block.top
A: The Hyatt Regency Orlando will extend their $149 (plus tax) hotel room rate, the Hilton Hotel Orlando will extend their $143 (plus tax) hotel room rate, and the Rosen Centre will extend their $118 (plus tax) hotel room rate three days before and three days after the Zumba® Instructor Convention dates.top
Our policy varies depending on the date of cancellation.
Until May 15, 2017; Cancellation fee: $200.00 * On May 16, 2017 Cancellation fee: NO REFUNDS
To cancel your Convention registration, simply click on "Register Now," type in your username and password and follow the on-screen directions.
*Same fee for what is considered a “no-show.” If you do not cancel, or cancel after May 15, you will not receive a refund.top
A: Instructor Training, Specialty Boost, Flavor and Learning Capsule transfers will be accepted until June 27, 2017, as long as there are still spots available. You will be charged a $15 processing processing fee for each login session. While logged in you are able to make multiple transfers.
If you want to make a transfer, simply click "Register Now," type in your username and password and follow the on-screen directions.top
Q: If I can't make it to the Convention, can I apply my Convention registration to other Zumba® products (e.g., Instructor Training Courses, Zumba® Wear merchandise, other Zumba events, etc.)?
A: No, you will not be able to apply your Convention registration to other Zumba® products or events. If you're unable to make it to Convention, be sure to cancel as soon as possible to avoid the no-show fee (please see cancellation policy FAQ #9).top
A: Super Saver registration ends March 1. If you're unable to purchase your ticket at that time, early bird registration starts immediately afterwards.
Super Saver: $399; Until March 1, 2017
A: The last day to register for the Convention will be July 26, 2017, unless the event sells out prior to that date..
No registrations will be accepted after this date.top
A: We will be dancing on low-grade carpet, which means shoes that do not have a jogging or cross-training sole are best.top
Q: Will I receive credits for the Instructor Training Courses, Flavors, Learning Capsules and Specialty Boosts I take at the Convention?
Q: Can my spouse attend the Convention if he or she is not registered for the Convention? What about my children?
A: Only registered ZIN™ Members with a Convention credential will be allowed in Convention events.top
A: Yes! We will have most of the items available on zumba.com, as well as special Convention-only products at discounted prices. We will also be launching new products at the Convention.top
A: All products will be priced at the already discounted ZIN™ price, and some will be discounted to even lower Convention-only prices!top
A: There will be no exchanges, only returns will be accepted. Returns are only accepted from items purchased at the Convention main store. NO returns will be able to be made from our outlet store or after Convention is over.top
A: No. All items bought on zumba.com need to be returned following the Zumba's return policy.top
A: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover Card, US Dollars, Traveler's Check, Money Order and Cashier's Check. Please note that NO personal checks will be accepted.top
A: Yes. A full-time EMT (Emergency Medical Team) will be on-site during Convention hours.top
A: Our advice: Save money on your airline ticket and book your flight as soon as possible!top
Forest Travel Agency is the official travel agency for the Zumba® Instructor Convention. Call 305-932-5560 to book for flights at unbeatable prices.
A: Wednesday, July 26, 2017top
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, July 27, 2017
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
A: With so much to do in Orlando and the busy Convention schedule, it’s recommended you arrive at your destination hotel early on Tuesday, July 25. Arriving early provides ample time to get registered, checked in and settled. It also gives you the chance to take advantage of our pre-con events or attend a ZIN™ sponsored event on Wednesday, July 26. Check the Forum for the inside scoop on the hottest events.top
It is highly recommended you plan on departing Monday, July 31 to ensure your departure is convenient and not rushed. If you plan on leaving Sunday, July 30, it is recommended your departure plans are after 4:00 PM (the last session ends at 1:00 PM).
Considered a world-class destination, Orlando, Florida, is a city that offers something for everyone. The Convention is strategically located on International Drive, a main thoroughfare in Orlando, which offers tons of restaurants, an outdoor shopping mall and many other attractions for the entire family. For those planning on bringing their little ones, be sure to check out Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld and other amazing theme parks just minutes away from The Hyatt Regency. For more information on fun things to do in Orlando, visit Orlando Info.