FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are there any requirements to attend the 2019 ZIN™ Convention?
- Will I get a certificate of completion for attending the ZIN™ Convention?
- Will I get a certificate of completion or be licensed to teach any of the Flavors, Lectures and/or Learning Capsules I take (e.g., Zumba® Brazilian Carnival, Warm-Up & Cooldown, etc.)?
- What does every package include, in addition to what I have signed up for?
- Where will the ZIN™ Convention events be held (sessions, Instructor Training Courses, parties, etc.)?
- Do the hotel rates only apply to the dates of the ZIN™ Convention?
- What is the ZIN™ Convention cancellation policy?
- What is the ZIN™ Convention transfer policy?
- Can I transfer my ZIN™ Convention package to another ZIN™ Member?
- If I can't make it to the ZIN™ Convention, can I apply my ZIN™ Convention registration to other Zumba® products (e.g., Instructor Training Courses, Zumba® Wear merchandise, other Zumba events, etc.)?
- When does Super Saver pricing end?
- When will registration for the ZIN™ Convention close?
- What type of floor surface will the ZIN™ Convention session rooms have?
- Will I receive credits for the Instructor Training Courses, Flavors and Learning Capsules I take at the ZIN™ Convention?
- Can my spouse attend the ZIN™ Convention if he or she is not registered for the ZIN™ Convention? What about my children?
- Will there be Zumba® Wear merchandise for sale at the ZIN™ Convention?
- Will there be special prices for Zumba® Wear merchandise at the ZIN™ Convention?
- What is the return policy for Zumba® Wear merchandise bought at the ZIN™ Convention?
- Can Zumba® Wear merchandise bought online be returned at the ZIN™ Convention?
- What forms of payment can I use to purchase Zumba® Wear merchandise at the ZIN™ Convention?
- Will there be a medical staff on-site?
- When should I book my airfare?
- When are registration hours?
- When should I plan on arriving and departing?
- Are there any prerequisites to attend the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit sessions?
- Is the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit open to other SYNC Members who are not attending the ZIN™ Convention?
- Do I have to pay to attend the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit?
- How do I sign up for the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit?
A: Yes. This event is exclusive to members of the Zumba® Instructor Network (ZIN™ ). You must be a ZIN™ Member with an account in good standing at the time of registration and at the time of the ZIN™ Convention. In the event that your ZIN™ Account is not in good standing at the time of the event (July 25 - 28, 2019), your ZIN™ Convention registration will be canceled and you will not receive a refund. top
Q: Will I get a certificate of completion or be licensed to teach any of the Flavors, Lectures and/or Learning Capsules I take (e.g., Zumba® Brazilian Carnival, Warm-Up & Cooldown, etc.)?
A: By taking Flavors and/or Learning Capsules you are NOT licensed to teach that specific session. Flavors and Learning Capsules are intended to expand your knowledge of fundamental concepts and world rhythms so you can apply them to your Zumba® classes. No certificate of completion will be given for attending Flavors or Learning Capsules.top
A: Every package includes the following:
- Access to Thursday morning’s Kickoff Session
- Access to Friday evening’s Fitness-Concert™ Event
- Access to Saturday evening’s Theme Party
- Access to Sunday afternoon's Closing Session
- Access to all ZIN™ Convention sponsor booths
- Access to the Zumba® Wear store
- Official ZIN™ Convention goodie bag
- AFAA/ACE/AEA/CANFIT Credits (95% of the credits you need for the year)
- Session handouts
- For Instructor Trainings: One (1) year of continuing education credit + digital manual and digital certificate
Q: Where will the ZIN™ Convention events be held (Sessions, Instructor Training Courses, parties, etc.)?
A: The entire ZIN™ Convention (Fitness-Concert™ Event, Theme Party, Sessions, Specialty Boosts, Instructor Training Courses, sponsor booths, etc.) will be held inside The Hyatt Regency Orlando, the South Foyer and Hall of the Orange County ZIN™ Convention Center (venues connected with a covered walkway), and the Rosen Centre. Everything will be located within walking distance from any of the hotels in our room block.top
A: The Hyatt Regency Orlando will extend their $159.00 (plus tax) hotel room rate, the Hilton Hotel Orlando will extend their $156.00 (plus tax) hotel room rate, and the Rosen Centre will extend their $135.00 (plus tax) hotel room rate three days before and after the ZIN™ Convention dates.top
A: Our policy varies depending on the date of cancellation.
Cancellation Fee Until May 15, 2019: $200.00 Cancellation Fee Starting May 16, 2019: NO REFUNDS*
To cancel your ZIN™ Convention registration, simply click on "Register Now," type in your username and password and follow the on-screen directions.
*Same fee for what is considered a “no show.” If you do not cancel, or cancel after May 15, you will not receive a refund.top
A: Instructor Training, Flavor and Learning Capsule transfers will be accepted until June 24, 2019, as long as there are still spots available. You will be charged a $15 processing fee for each login session. While logged in you are able to make multiple transfers. If you want to make a transfer, simply click "Register Now," type in your username and password and follow the on-screen directions.top
Q: f I can't make it to the ZIN™ Convention, can I apply my registration to other Zumba® products (e.g., Instructor Training Courses, Zumba® Wear merchandise, other Zumba® events, etc.)?
A:No, you will not be able to apply your ZIN™ Convention registration to other Zumba® products or events. If you're unable to make it, be sure to cancel as soon as possible to avoid the “no show” fee (please see cancellation policy FAQ #7).top
A: Super Saver pricing ends February 15. If you're unable to purchase your ticket at that time, Early Bird pricing starts immediately after.top
A: The last day to register for the ZIN™ Convention will be July 23, 2019, unless the event sells out prior to that date. No registrations will be accepted after this date.top
A: We will be dancing on low-grade carpet, which means shoes that do not have a jogging or cross-training sole are best.top
Q: Will I receive credits for the Instructor Training Courses, Flavors and Learning Capsules I take at the ZIN™ Convention?
Q: Can my spouse attend the ZIN™ Convention if he or she is not registered for the ZIN™ Convention? What about my children?
A: Only officially registered attendees with a ZIN™ Convention credential will be allowed into ZIN™ Convention events, unless otherwise noted.top
A: Yes! We will have most of the items available on Zumba.com, as well as special ZIN™ Convention-only products at discounted prices. We will also be launching new products at the ZIN™ Convention.top
A: All products will be priced at the already discounted ZIN™ price, and some will be discounted to even lower ZIN™ Convention-only prices!top
A: There will be no exchanges and only returns will be accepted. Returns are only accepted from items purchased at the ZIN™Convention main store. NO returns can be made from our outlet store or after ZIN™ Convention is over.top
A: No. All items bought on Zumba.com need to be returned following Zumba's return policy.top
A: Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Discover Card, US Dollars, Traveler's Check, Money Order and Cashier's Check. Please note that NO personal checks will be accepted.top
A: Yes. Emergency Medical Services will be available on-site during convention hours.top
Note: EMS will carry basic first aid supplies as well as over-the-counter medications, oxygen, and an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). They will be stationed in designated areas within The Hyatt Regency Hotel, Hilton Hotel, Rosen Center, and Medical Room #6 at the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC).
A: Our advice is to save money on your airline ticket and book your flight as soon as possible!top
Forest Travel Agency is the official travel agency for the ZIN™ Convention. Call (305) 932-5560 to book flights at unbeatable prices.
A: Wednesday, July 24, 2019top
9:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Thursday, July 25, 2019
7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
A: With so much to do in Orlando and the busy ZIN™ Convention schedule, it’s recommended you arrive at your hotel early on Tuesday, July 23. Arriving early provides ample time to get registered, checked in and settled. It also gives you the chance to take advantage of our pre-ZIN™ Convention events or attend a ZIN™-sponsored event on Wednesday, July 24. Check the Forum for the inside scoop on the hottest events.top
It is highly recommended you plan on departing Monday, July 29 to ensure your departure is convenient and not rushed. If you plan on leaving Sunday, July 28, it is recommended your departure plans are after 4:00 PM (the last session ends at 1:00 PM).
Considered a world-class destination, Orlando, Florida, is a city that offers something for everyone. The ZIN™ Convention is strategically located on International Drive, a main thoroughfare in Orlando, which offers tons of restaurants, an outdoor shopping mall and many other attractions for the entire family. For those planning on bringing their little ones, be sure to check out Disney World, Universal Studios, SeaWorld and other amazing theme parks just minutes away from The Hyatt Regency. For more information on fun things to do in Orlando, visit Orlando Info. For more information on fun things to do in Orlando, visit Orlando Info.
A: Yes, you must be a SYNC Member in good standing at the time you register for ZIN™ Convention in order to attend these sessions. Registering for STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit sessions without meeting this requirement will cause your registration to be canceled. At that point, you may also run the risk of not being able to attend your other preferred ZIN™ Convention sessions.top
Q: Is the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit open to other SYNC Members who are not attending the ZIN™ Convention?
A: Yes, the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit is open to all SYNC Members, regardless of if they are attending the ZIN™ Convention. Those who are attending the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit, but not attending the ZIN™ Convention will not have access to other ZIN™ Convention continuing education sessions.top
A: The price for the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit is $350, but as a ZIN™ and SYNC Member who registered for the ZIN™ Convention, access to the STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit is already included in your ZIN™ Convention registration!top
A: As a SYNC Member attending the ZIN™ Convention, you can register for STRONG by Zumba® SYNC Summit sessions during the same registration process as ZIN™ Convention. Just look for the sessions labeled “SYNC Summit” on Saturday and Sunday. Please note that you must register individually for each of the sessions. Registering for one session does not register you for the full 1.5-day summit. Space is limited and on a first come, first serve basis. Please make sure to register quickly!top