ACE Group Exercise Leadership Specialty Certification [Available in English or Spanish]
Credits: ACE 0.8
Designed to supplement the expertise of instructors who are currently teaching pre-choreographed programs, this instructor training will cover foundational knowledge of exercise and movement science and how it applies to group exercise class design, implementation and modification. Participants will also learn teaching techniques, strategies for improved safety and other essential instructional skills that will enrich their group classes. Fitness professionals who attend this one-day course will leave with time-tested ACE strategies that will help them take their careers to the next level. Following successful completion of a final online assessment to be completed at home, instructors will hold an ACE specialty certification.
"This class was excellent! It enriched my teaching experience and gave me the basic tools I needed to understand fitness at a higher level. I believe every person who is considering teaching Zumba or other formats should take this ACE Group Exercise Leadership Specialty Certification. If this had been offered to me when I first started I would have taken it immediately."
Juanita – Casa Grande, AZ
"Given the fact that a certification from ACE is highly recognized in the fitness industry, I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to register for this specialty certification course. The presenter was extremely knowledgeable, and the delivery and presentation were phenomenal. The course really emphasized proper body mechanics during a workout and how movements prepare you for daily life. I feel more confident now as a Zumba instructor, especially since I now know the movements I teach are safe, effective, functional and enjoyable for everyone."
Gabrielle – Miami, FL
Please note that there are no pre-requisite educational requirements to attend the Group Exercise Leadership Specialty Certification workshop.
register now (English)
register now (Spanish)
AEA AFP Practical & Skill Applications Course FREE IF TAKING EXAMINATION
Credits: AEA 7.0*, ACE 0.6, AFAA 5.0, ATRI 6.0, BOC 6.0
This hands-on workshop, taught by AEA Trainers is designed to reinforce the recommended self-study resources. This workshop provides theoretical review, classroom movement and pool application that can help you enhance your level and skill! Bring the study materials to life! This course targets muscles, equipment & movement; techniques for altering intensity; programming & leadership skills including deck instruction – all in an easy to understand format. This program does NOT cover all examination objectives and advanced study is highly recommended.
* AEA CECs issued to individuals who are currently AEA Aquatic Fitness Professional Certified ONLY, and not to those sitting for the Certification Examination.
Aquatic Fitness Professional Certification (AFPC) Examination
Increase your credentials and career opportunities with the most comprehensive and recognized Aquatic Fitness Certification. This 100-question, multiple-choice written exam is designed to test a standard level of theoretical and practical competence and skill for aquatic fitness professionals. Obtaining AEA Certification is the gold standard in the industry and once achieved, it is THE LEVEL to be at!
- AFPC Registration must be received 30 DAYS in advance of Examination Date
- AEA highly recommends ADVANCE PREPARATION regardless of education background or experience
- Exam Candidates-Obtain & review the AFPC Candidate Handbook & Exam Study Objectives from the website
Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) Primary Group Exercise Certification [Available in English or Spanish]
Learn the Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines for group exercise instruction. AFAA includes practical application and theoretical knowledge that will enhance your instructional techniques, cueing skills and overall performance so that you will instruct your Zumba® classes with increased skill and confidence.
Offered in both English and Spanish formats, this certification program includes an 8-hour workshop, study guide, written and practical exams, and is the perfect complement for Zumba® instructors. This course provides additional skills necessary to lead safe and effective group exercise classes. Topics to be covered include:
- AFAA's Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines
- Group Exercise Program Design
- Basic Anatomy, Kinesiology, Biomechanics and Exercise Physiology
- Injury Prevention, Emergency Response and Special Populations
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Basic Business Skills and Professional/Legal Responsibilities
- Exercise Selection, Technique, Alignment and Performance with or without Equipment
Upon completion of AFAA's Primary Group Exercise Certification, you will be able to:
- Apply theoretical information and subject matter (e.g., anatomy, exercise physiology, nutrition, kinesiology) to deliver and design your group exercise classes.
- Formulate the appropriate response(s) for safety issues, such as injury prevention, pre-existing conditions, special populations, and emergency response protocol in a group exercise setting.
- Outline and appropriately apply the AFAA fitness training recommendations according to the Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines in group program formats.
- State and appropriately apply the AFAA 5 Questions™ when evaluating exercise selection and technique.
- Integrate the areas of instructional technique, cueing, music usage, exercise sequencing and choreography within a group exercise class setting.
- Incorporate professionalism practice by following the Code of Ethics and related legal guidelines.
As part of this special offer to Zumba® Instructor Network members, AFAA will include one (1) 45-minute online study session with a live AFAA Certification Specialist using AFAA's unique learning and web conferencing platform called Multitraining Live®. Just as Zumba has changed the face of group fitness programming, Multitraining Live® has changed the face of fitness education by making it more interactive, accessible and fun!